Elan Power Products provides innovative engine building development and management programs that supply cutting-edge technology for projects in any racing environment around the world. Elan Power is known for its ability to develop, build and service world-class drivetrain power plant systems more affordably and reliably which has secured many opportunities to transform existing drivetrain programs. With an eye toward making the car faster rather than just "more horsepower," Elan Power Products analyzes all factors related to the engine-chassis interaction in an effort to enhance the success of the entire program. If you are looking into engine design and development, fuel management and rebuild services or electronic and non-electronic engine management systems, Elan Power Products will utilize our extensive machining, flow test, quality control and dynamometer facilities to rebuild your engine or design one from the ground up.
- Sunnen internal hone--sizes through holes from .5" -2.75" with .0001" accuracy
- Sunnen Cylinder Hone ---Automotive specific cylinder sizing machine
- Serdi 5.0---- Automotive valve seat and guide machining center
- Sunnen Balancer---- Balances rotating parts
- Sunnen center less valve grinder--for shaping and refinishing automotive poppet style valves
- Sunnen -head and block mill--48"/18" inch capacity
- (2) Froude G490 dynos with CP closed loop controls, 3500 cfm/ temp./humidity controlled combustion air unit
- 700 cfm flow bench- for measuring airflow
- Cam Doctor with Audi Tech. acquisition software-- for measuring and evaluating valve train
- Hommelwerke surface finish measurement--- use to measure surface roughness of machined/ honed parts.
- Numerous inspection/measuring devices
Robertson Racing- Doran Design/H Craft, Ford GT
Elan Power returned to the ALMS GT-2 field in late 2010 in the beautiful Robertson Racing Ford GT. This car is prepared by Dick Barbour racing of Braselton Ga. This engine project continues in 2011 with a comprehensive development program focused on increased horsepower, fuel efficiency and reliability.
- Ford OE style head and block castings
- EPP proprietary barrel throttles
- EPP/ Mahle ultra light pistons
- Ultra low friction cylinder liners
- EPP/ Comp Cams proprietary valve train components
- Dailey Engineering dry sump system
Rafanelli-Olive Garden Ferrari 550 GTS
EPP inherited this project which was in need of a big power burst. All hands were on deck and every resource used to complete the project in record time. This was a great example of how modeling and predicting software can be used to limit development time. As an example, as soon as the prototype cylinder head port was finalized that flow/lift curve was fed into an in-progress model and camshaft information was relayed to a masterless grinder. The model and predicting software was used to design the intake runner shape and length and production started on a new carbon fiber intake manifold. In 11 weeks, we had a completely different engine that made 35% more average horse power and 68 additional ft/lbs of peak torque. This car and engine hounded the perennial GTS front runners with numerous podiums and a pole position at Petit Le Mans.
- Factory Ferrari V-12 block fitted with Perfect bore liners and EPP designed, no gasket, head-to-block sealing solution
- Extensively modified Ferrari 575 crank for weight reduction
- Custom Carrillo rods with steel on DLC small ends
- Del west titanium valves and DLC coated oversized buckets
- Optimized billet aluminum/carbon fiber intake manifold.
- Customer supplied EFI systems (Europe) engine management system
Panoz GT-2 Modular Ford 5.0 Liter
Panoz Motor sports offered up the challenge, could the Ford 32 valve modular V-8 be developed to compete against the most established racing manufacturers in the world: Porsche and Ferrari? In three short years, the Panoz Esperante and Elan Power produced shocking results with American Le Mans series wins: 12 Hours of Sebring GT-2 wins, and the crown jewel with team LNT, GT-2 winner of the 24 Hours of lemans.
- Factory Ford produced head and block castings
- Elan low friction cylinder liners
- Original equipment, forged, rolled fillet crankshaft with extensive lightening and counter weight phasing for extended high RPM use
- Carrillo rods with DLC coated Del West wrist pin
- Original equipment cylinder heads with extensive port development and lightening
- Elan designed barrel throttle with proprietary castings and carbon fiber runners
- Bosch MS 4.0 engine management system with active detonation control, flat shift, and lateral G sensitive traction control.
Saleen S7 Acemco Motorsports 7.0 Liter
Acemco Motorsports chose Elan Power for a power upgrade for their GTS Saleen S7. This team, car, engine, combination was very successful. The package was highly competitive against the mighty GM Corvette program with several pole positions and podiums. The engine was updated in 2009 for FIA GT and achieved two poles and two wins with a limited schedule.
- Ford based aluminum block with proprietary low friction liners.
- Bryant racing lightweight crankshaft
- Carrillo rods with DLC on steel pins
- High port, Ford based cylinder heads with seats and valves prepared for unleaded fuel
- Valve train developed in conjunction with Comp cams and Jesel with net valve lift approaching .800
- Elan Power designed billet sump with 5 stage lobe style scavenge system with all scavenge plumbing machined into the sump
- Elan Power/Elan Composites carbon fiber intake manifold, featuring an Elan developed technique that produces smooth, molded surface finishes on both the inside and outside of parts
- Elan power tuned Bosch MS 4.2 engine management with active detonation control,
- Flat shift, and lateral G sensitive traction control
Based on the reliable 302 Ford, Elan Power developed this into one of the most capable sportscar race engines in the world. This engine went through a comprehensive development program. Every aspect of the engine was developed to compete at the highest level in the world. It had a proven track record with 4 wins over the mighty factory Audi R-8 team and best finish of 5th overall at Le Mans. The last specification was the Elan 6L8LMP1.
- Ford racing aluminum block- CNC machined, prototype sized roller cam bearings
- Bryant Racing ultra light custom crank shaft
- Custom Carrillo rods
- Structural sump with 5-stage lobe style dry sump system
- CNC machined Ford C3 cylinder heads
- Valve train developed in conjunction with Comp Cams with a net valve lift approaching .800î
- Bosch 2.9 fuel management with EPP calibrated, cylinder pressure/crank phase based, active detonation control
- Carbon fiber intake manifold with 2 injectors per cylinder phased in/out for different conditions
- Horsepower 640 Torque 550 (depending on restrictor)
- 25 race hour service life
This Ford Zetec based race engine is a new project for Elan Power. The sanctioning body generates this engine specification; however, Elan Power has improved a few areas to increase cooling and reliability. Our attention to detail on assembly coupled with our association with excellent teams has placed the Elan F-2000 in the winnersí circle.
- Ford Zetec based engine with cast iron block and aluminum head
- Sanctioning body mandated cam shaft, head, intake, and short block specification
- Optional Elan design and manufactured billet intake manifold
- Elan Power designed accessory drive system using standard rotation water pump
- 3-stage gearotor dry sump system
- Pectel engine management software
Mazda MZR 2.3 Liter
Reliable, inexpensive power was the goal in developing this engine. Originally used in the Mazda MZR / Ranger truck, the engine internally showed great race engine potential. Elan has developed this engine to produce from 215 ñ 275 reliable horsepower, depending on the application. The MZR based DP02 IMSA Prototype Lites engine produces 230 horsepower and has a service life of over 25 hours.
- Mazda MZR original equipment castings
- Elan power modified crankshaft and cam drive for extended high RPM use
- Elan Power proprietary cast aluminum intake
- Elan power cast aluminum, structural sump
- 3 stage geroter style dry sump pump.
- Elan designed accessory drive system with standard rotation water pump
- Life racing engine management with data acquisition
Mazda MZR 2.0 Liter
Elan developed a Mazda MZR based 2.0 liter for SCCA CSR competition. This engine propelled Matt Miller to his first SCCA national championship.
- Rules mandated 10:1 compression
- Ultra light Mahle 2 ring pistons
- Piston guided Carrillo rods
- Elan machined ultra flow head.
- Comp cams proprietary cam shafts
- 260+ hp @ 9000 RPM